YouTube has given the world front row seats to some of the most emotional experiences. Home videos are uploaded daily of reunions and reactions to military homecomings. In honor of Veterans Day here are eight videos that are sure to touch your heart!
Many of these videos have been viewed millions of times with new videos viewed as much as 15,000 in one week. Capturing moments like this is rare and technology has given us the means to share these moments with the world.
No one will truly understand the sacrifice that military men, women and their families make for us and for our country. These YouTube videos give us a glimpse into the emotional strain and heartache that accompanies their commitment to serving the country.
- One of the most viewed and renowned homecoming videos is this one of 10-year old Hannah and the surprise visit from her dad, Master Sgt. Joseph Myers.
- What can top a surprise? A proposal of course! A soldier surprises his girlfriend during her beauty pageant and proposes in front of a whole audience.
- There are few times that a man cries in his life, and this was one of those moments. A solider surprises his dad at work.
- A girl will always be “Daddy’s Little Girl.” After not seeing her father for two years, a soldier surprises her dad on his birthday.
- Growing up you may fight and not always get along, but nothing is closer than the love between siblings. A soldier wakes up his sleeping sister and surprises her.
If you can’t get enough of these videos, here are a few compilations of soldiers surprising their loved ones:
To watch more videos visit Welcome Home Blog, a hub for videos of surprise military homecomings.
Or you can catch the new hit show, Coming Home, on Lifetime.