If you haven't heard of Spokeo, it's about time you do. Spokeo exposes personal information about individuals and sells it to 3rd parties. Spokeo allows you to track an individual by their name, email, phone number, username, or even by their friends. Thankfully there is a way to remove yourself from Spokeo listings, so please read on.
Spokeo not only tracks basically information about you, it is also known for tracking your credit score, and your age, among other personal information. If that isn't disturbing enough, maybe you should know that Spokeo tracks satellite images of your house with the correct address. Spokeo takes it a step further and steals personal images of the individual hosted on other websites and displays it in the search results to further this spine-chilling concern.
How to Remove Yourself from Spokeo?
- To remove yourself from Spokeo, you must first search for yourself
- Make sure to use the different search options to find the multiple versions that you may show up
- Copy the URLs to a Word document.
- Once you have successfully tracked down yourself, visit the Spokeo Privacy page to enter the URL, and your email to confirm that you have been removed
- According to Spokeo, the listing will be removed within 1 Business Day
Have you heard of Spokeo? If so, have you been able to delete your Spokeo's listing? Give me your feedback; I am still waiting for that email that says that my information has been removed.